Tree nut allergy is a common allergy among children and adults. About 0.5 to 1% of people in the U.S. have a tree nut allergy. This guide covers the following topics:
- What are symptoms of a nut allergy?
- How can I prevent nut allergy reactions?
- Does my child need to avoid all nuts?
- Will my child outgrow their nut allergy?
- Is there a treatment for nut allergy?
- Tree nut ingredient list: if you see these ingredients on a label or menu, it means it contains tree nut protein and is not safe for someone with tree nut allergy
Also included are tree nut allergy chef cards. When you eat out, use these chef cards to let the restaurant staff know how to help you avoid allergic reactions to tree nut. If you would like to download the chef cards only, you can find them here.
*Please choose a quantity of 1 when ordering a free PDF download. A link to download the PDF will be included in your receipt email sent after checkout. You will then be able to print multiple copies from that download.
Note: The PDF reader on some mobile devices prevents viewing these documents. If you are having trouble, please download and view on a computer with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader®.
Store Home / Educational Handouts - Free PDF (Food Allergy)