Schools are facing major challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our COVID-19 and Asthma Toolkit for Schools was created for school administrators, nurses, and staff to create environments that protect students and staff with asthma while preventing the spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19.
This toolkit is designed as a supplement to current local, district and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. It includes:
- Easy-to-use checklists schools can use daily to ensure protocols are in place to manage asthma and minimize the spread of the coronavirus
- The basics of asthma management
- Guidance on stocking and administering quick-relief medications
- Guidance on the use of masks, physical distancing and access to handwashing stations
- A sample letter for school nurses asking parents for an inhaler and spacer to be kept at school
- Resources for administrators, school nurses, teachers, and facilities staff
The toolkit’s respiratory symptom chart, Is It COVID-19, the Flu, a Cold, Allergies, or Asthma? (PDF available in English and Spanish here), is a quick-reference guide to differentiate between COVID-19 symptoms and other respiratory illnesses and asthma.
*Please choose a quantity of 1 when ordering a free PDF download. A link to download the PDF will be included in your receipt email sent after checkout. You will then be able to print multiple copies from that download.
Note: The PDF reader on some mobile devices prevents viewing these documents. If you are having trouble, please download and view on a computer with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader®.
Store Home / Educational Handouts - Free PDF