This program is for health professionals who teach parents of young children about managing asthma. Use it during home visits, one-on-one or in group classes for parents in child care centers. All handouts are at a sixth-grade reading level or lower. The full program includes:
- An Instructor’s Guide
- An ‘Asthma-Friendly Home: Checklist for Families’
- An ‘Asthma-Friendly Child Care: Checklist for Providers’
- Seven lessons on asthma management that include lesson handouts (handouts are at a sixth-grade reading level or lower):
- Lesson 1: Asthma Basics
- Lesson 2: Asthma Triggers
- Lesson 3: Controlling Asthma Triggers
- Lesson 4: Asthma Medicines
- Lesson 5: Asthma Action Plan
- Lesson 6: Communicating with the Asthma Team
- Lesson 7: Asthma Management Goals
The full program is available in English only. Only the lesson handouts are available in Spanish. You can order the free PDF of the Spanish lesson handouts here.
*Please choose a quantity of 1 when ordering a free PDF download. A link to download the PDF will be included in your receipt email sent after checkout. You will then be able to print multiple copies from that download.